Seems like this blog post is a week late. From Sep 20 through to the 26 during 2009 it absolutely was nationwide Singles day. From inside the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Ohio started this observance which falls regarding third complete few days of Sep. It absolutely was started to
… know that lots of single Americans try not to determine using phrase “unmarried” because they are moms and dads, have actually lovers or are widowed.
Below are a few current interesting realities and data on singles in the us:
- nowadays there are 95.9 million unmarried people in the U.S. who are 18 decades or more mature. This will make up 43 percent of grownups. (from 2008)
- 53 percent of these singles tend to be females
- 61 per cent among these singles do not have already been married prior to. 24 % have been divorced and another 15 % had been widowed.
- Seniors (65+) account fully for 15.8 million of adult singles which 16 percent having never been hitched.
- 11.6 million of xxx singles are moms and dads coping with their children, 9.8 million tend to be women.
The full reality sheet from the Unmarried and solitary Americans Week, go to the U.S. Census Bureau.